First Blog at Blogger
Apparently, I am an idiot and for some reason that nobody can explain I can't post any pictures to my old blog...grrrr. So I thought I would start here.
So I am currently training for my first marathon. This morning I ran a pretty easy 10 miles. Isn't that scary...easy and 10 miles coming out of my mouth!
Background info...I was an only child and I think my parents signed me up for different classes as a way for me to get socialization ~ baton, dance, swimming, dad tried softball...but I didn't like to sweat.
It wasn't until 3.5 years ago that I actually began running. I followed a program called Couch to 5k. It seriously worked. After I finished the program I ran my first 5k and placed 1st in my age group! I was hooked. I decided that I could do more...so I signed up to run The Flying Pig half marathon. I finished in a time of 2:35...I really enjoyed it. I have done various races 2 mile fun run, 5k, 4 milers, 10k. Now I have decided that it is time to go for the primo race....the marathon.
I have found a great group of girls to run my long runs with on Sunday morning. I really enjoy the runs with them...I still enjoy my quiet runs with music, too though. The picture is of me after my first half marathon...5/1/05





No comments:
Post a Comment