Monday, January 22, 2007

A Proud Moment

I am so honored to be running my 3rd Flying Pig Half Marathon on behalf of Jasmine. She is a 4 year old from Cinci who was adopted from China. Jazzie is hearing impared but now can hear through the benefits of cochlear implants. Can you imagine going through life and not hearing birds chirping, leaves rustling on the ground, the gentle rain falling, an ambulance coming down the road??? This little girl has been through quite a bit in her short 4 years on this earth and I am so proud to be running and raising money on her behalf. I have forms all over right now raising money. I haven't decided what I want my goal to be but I do know that for every dollar I raise for Jazzie a national foundation will match dollar for dollar...so I must do well. I wish I had a picture to post on here of her. I have been following her mom's blog for quite awhile now...first because I am obsessed with Chinese adoptions, Jazzie and her sister are so darn cute, they are from Cincinnati and they have a boxer!!!!!

I am hoping upon hope that I will get to meet Jazzie, Talley, Sandra and Matt the weekend of the Flying Pig. I always enjoy running the pig but this gives me extra motivation to run a great race.

My race schedule so far:
March 4 - Mill Creek Distance Classic - Half Marathon
March 31 - Cooks Forest Half Marathon
April 15 - Glass City Marathon (MY FIRST MARATHON)
May 6 - Flying Pig Half Marathon! 3rd time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read this post. Thank you, Michelle!!! I would like to make a reference of this on my blog and maybe link this entry, if that is okay. The more exposure, the better, right? If it is okay to mention you running on behalf of Jazzie and it is okay for me to link, would you mind removing Jazzie's last name? As you know, I am trying to be a bit more private. Thanks again for running in honor of Jazzie. I am just thrilled that someone that I met through the blogging world is doing this for my girl!

Tammie said...

I actually "met" Sandra when we were adopting our girls Jazzie & Erin. Over the years, it has been my pleasure & a blessing to know their family. In fact, Tahlia is from Erin's SWI also so the red threads abound between Sandra & myself. Is there any way I can donate?