Hump Day
So I had a L-O-N-G day today started at 8:00 when my manager and I began our drive to Wheeling and then ended at 7:00pm when we pulled back into my driveway. Glad the day is over and I wish it were Friday tomorrow...but it will get here soon enough...so my bad day ended when two things happened...my friends and I ordered our shirts for the Glass City Marathon which is I believe 24 days away...OMG....I am going to run 26.2 miles in 24 days!....then I hopped online to check out my favorite blogs and saw that I am linked in one of my favorite blogs...take a look http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/03/why_i_like_to_b.html
sorry I am not savvy enough to make it look better....but I feel so cool!
I am so excited to be able to run for Jazzie and Ohio Valley Voices. I am SO looking forward to the Flying Pig. I am hoping to meet up with Jazzie's family and have Jazzie run with me the last tenth of a mile. I think it would be such an awesome moment to finish my Spring running season with Jazzie by my side. Seriously, I have run with her on my mind many times.
As most of you(if any of my friend's read this) know that I am fairly religious...not that I don't sometimes have the mouth of a sailor...but I for the most part am a kind person always wanting to help. Each time I run, I choose people I am going to run for each mile. The last mile I run is always for myself. But in between, I pray for many different people along the route. One person I am praying for quite a bit is my friend Tommy D. He is such a courageous man. I just love spending time with him and his family. But I have already decided that I am dedicating my 20 mile run to Tommy D. All 20 miles are for him and his family.
By having someone in mind while running helps me to run better. I can't let them down...even though they typically don't know I am running for them. It is a private thing I do...
And don't worry Tommy I will play with my biscotti recipe to make it less like cranberry and more like a reese cup! Just for you!





1 comment:
2L, what a nice sentiment, to run and think about someone for each mile. As you probably know, I'm not fairly religious, but I think it's great.
Post a Comment