Sunday - Last Long Run before the Marathon
So, Sunday morning I woke up at 5:45 and began getting ready for my 20 mile run. I was so incredibly nervous. I didn't sleep well Saturday night. I pretty much tossed and turned all night. So, I met up with everyone at 7:00 at Mill Creek Park Bike Trail. We started our run at 7:03 and were on our way. I felt great. I was having a good day. My legs felt good. I tried something new...I didn't eat brekkie and I ate a GU on the way to the park with some water and then I did GU every 45 minutes there after. I really felt like it kept my energy levels up. For the first time ever I had to pee on a long run after about 11 miles. I hit the potty...although I would only loosely call it a potty and I continued on the route. My friend met up with us at about mile 15/16 and she rode next to me while I ran. When I got back to the start I couldn't believe I had done it. I felt good. I grabbed my 'stuff' from Yvonne's car and walked down to mine...took off my running shoes and put on my beloved crocs and drove home.
I can't believe that I ran that far...but I know I can do the 26.2 now. I am so very proud of myself.
Only 3 weeks to race day!!!
Although I do have a half marathon this Saturday, too.





No comments:
Post a Comment