Thursday, May 31, 2007

Life....


I am reminded lately how precious life is...we need to take care of ourselves, we need to take care of each other. We need to be a more kind and caring society. I realize that there is so much death around, like the 25 year old who killed her babies and herself. Wasted. What was going on in her life that she felt there was nothing else to do but take these lives? When there is so much illness and suffering in the world why would she intentionally cause grief among her family? How could she tie up these precious babies and hang them like they were laundry? I just don't get it. I suppose I never will...there are so many fighting for life that feel that every day is a gift that this senseless death just infuriates me to no end.

My prayers for all those who are fighting for life...you know who you are :) Some even eat Taco Bell if that is the daily request. I am SOOOO impressed by that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heya chelle - i know what you mean. i took luca out and drove to the shrine out past canfield and lit two candles for td; one from me and one from luca. i wrote in the notebook to tommy have a safe journey home . i love you forever. your sister jennifer. sure, it was 11:15pm. Sure, luca was asleep in the back seat. but i figured not too many people stake out shrines. by the way, that picture you have for today is one of my favorites-whn I was in grade school i had a holy card with it and the prayer to the guardian angel on the back and i always had it in my bookbag. nice touch! love, jldi