Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Visit with Tommy

Yesterday at lunch I went over to visit with Tommy. We read the TV guide. He sang me the Dukes of Hazzard theme song. He is such a smart and funny friend. We chatted about when we would meet with Jennifer for lunch on Thursday's. We had a good time. I told him that I really missed talking to him during that time. He is really a very good friend. I just adore him and I hope for his sake that he is truly not in any pain. I was so happy that I went over to visit yesterday because he was so 'good' That is the way I want to remember him - correcting my Brady Bunch trivia and all.

I wish I understood death and why some people linger and why some people go so fast. I am believing that the reason God hasn't called Tommy home is that HE is preparing Heaven for the special gift that they will receive - Heaven just isn't ready yet. I want Tommy to be perfect in heaven...no CT, no MRI, no medicine, no struggles. I want him to be happy and carefree.

I really hope that Tommy visits me from there and let's me know that he is doing well. I know he will be hanging out with his grandparent's. I am sure that the grandma's are cooking and preparing for his return to them. I know that they are excited to see this wonderful man again. We will be sad for losing him but they will be happy that he is with them. Grandma P will have coffee with him and they can do the STAR crossword puzzle and Grandma D will go get him Handel's ice cream without making left turns! I know that if he has any problems my Grandpa M will be there to help out. Maybe they can all play cards together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always speak so lovingly and beautifully about Tommy. Forgive me, but I am not really sure who he is. Could you tell me more about him?

Tammie said...

I have always believed that people who have passed can see down here on Earth. Since I was 7 & my grandfather passed away, I've envisioned a tv screen that lets them see us.

I'm sure that Tommy will be free of pain & heartache. When his time comes, he will be watching over you.

Anonymous said...

i had almost forgotten our lunches. I miss that Tommy so much. I am glad we all have that memory, though. Remember that steak sandwich he loved from Antones? And how he made me ask if he could have wedding soup instead of fries? i miss that....