Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Firecracker 4

This is an annual Canfield race. I think that this is #33 for them. This year there were over 650 people registered for the race. I wasn't sure about running the race today as I am having some foot problems. Based upon my own diagnosis, I believe to have Plantar Fascitis. Doesn't that sounds nice? Anyway, since Sunday my foot has hurt so bad I have been walking on my tip toes. Lovely. I decided to suck it up and go, even if I had to walk, I was going to finish the race. I loved watching the Kids Fun Run. They had a one mile race for them and they were so cute. Once particularly cute little boy stopped in front of the DJ and started dancing to the music...race? what race? He was at a disco at that moment.

Anyway, I then got in the crowd for the 4 miles. I ran into several friends, Diane, Alyssa, Leslie, Laura...we got in line and ready to go. I never did hear the gun go off, the pack of runners just started running...so ran I did. I was running on my toes so as not to put any pressure on my heel. I was surprised that my foot didn't hurt more...anyway, I stopped at mile 1 and got water. It was yummy...I was following the Galloway 4:1 plan, so I did what seemed like quite a bit of walking. When I saw the 3 mile sign I was a happy girl. We hit the little houses right before turning onto Broad street and I began picking up my pace. I was a very happy runner that I finished in 39:30. My foot still hurts but hey I did it.

So today, as we celebrate our nation's birthday and freedom. Let's not forget the people who are fighting for FREEDOM over in Iraq. Let's pray that they return home safely. Also, I know it is an odd thing but think too of the people who have died recently....they are now free from whatever demons caused their death. They are at peace.

No comments: