Sunday, July 1, 2007

"The Pact"

I have just finished reading the book "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. I have been sitting here most of the day sobbing while reading. The topic of the book is a true love story. It is between two high school students who have been raised pretty much together. The girl, Emily, find out that she is pregnant and decides to kill herself. Chris, the boyfriend who tried talking her out of it is charged with her murder. It is a very well written book. It ends up having a fairly happy ending ~not fairy tale-ish.

It has left me wondering if I will ever find that sole mate. Someone who finishes my sentences. Someone who knows what I want- need- without saying a word.

So to continue my melancholy mood the Concert for Princess Diana is on and all a long I swore I wasn't going to watch it. Everyone knows that I adored Diana. I believe her to be one of the most beautiful women of all time. I can't believe that it has been 10 years since she has been gone. It breaks my heart that her boys don't have her here on earth to help them through....The commercial is over and I am out of tissues....

No comments: