Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Miles 1-4

The first four miles were pretty boring. Everyone was trying to find their pace. People were bumping into each other and it was tough. We (the red start) hadn't merged with the blue start. We started int he parking lot at Epcot and ran our way across Epcot drive, they had all the light glowing int he black sky and it was beautiful. While I was running I was thinking of all my friends who helped me get to this moment. There were workers there cheering everyone on and it was really exciting. I needed a port-o-potty. I was hoping that it would 'just go away' it didn't stop so at mile 3 I decided to stop and wait in line. Bad, bad, bad move. There was a long line and that cost me twenty minutes. I was devastated but I continued on thinking that I would catch up to the five hour pace group when we merged. I pressed on. I ran for Candis and Tommy and all who were warriors in their fights. I had written Candis' name on my left arm and Tommy was on my right along with my Tommy shirt. Running for them really helped keep me going. Mile four was were we began to merge the red and blue together. There was some congestion but no big deal. My foot began to hurt....

No comments: