Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pre-Race

After I ate my dinner of pasta and more water, I came back to the room and got all my gear out and ready. I set three alarm clocks - just in case! I climbed into bed and flipped on The Weather Channel and realized it was only 7:30! I fell asleep until 10 and then I tossed and turned the rest of the night- pretty much as planned.

3:00 am alarm 1 goes off, I bounce outta bed and grab my clothes. Got dressed and put in my braids, washed my face, brushed my teeth, slabbed on sunscreen and moisture therapy. Then I grabbed my fuel belt, my race belt and sun visor. At the last minute I decided not to bring my ipod. and boy did I wish I would have had it a couple of times along the course. Oh well. I headed down and hopped on the bus. There were so many people. As I was getting there a bus was pulling away and there was a line of people and there were two more buses taking on passengers. I only waiting about 3 minutes and I was on a bus...OMG I was on my way to the largest race I had ever done. We were bussed over to Epcot and dropped off. We had to walk a little way to get to baggage claim and to the port o potties. The baggage claim I didn't need but boy did I need the port o potties. I got in line over there (another walk) I was feeling overwhelmed with the number of people everywhere. It was unbelievable. I did my thing in the port-o-potties...goodness they are gross.

I then decided it was time to head to the start line....so over to Corral F I went. I wasn't exactly sure where I was going but I was following the crowd. (I wondered briefly if this is what the people felt like when they were being sent to the concentration camps - sick thought and yet, I had the thought). During my death march, I met a very nice girl Jennifer. This was her second marathon . We chatted until the beginning of the race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was not me. I was not there, nor have I run a marathon. Are you sure it wasn't your make-believe friend Jennifer? Were you just trying too hard to communicate with me, because I did not sleep well that night......
By the way, you have always spoken against the port o potties. Now you remember why!

Michelle said...

haha...I actually had thought that maybe God had put her in my path for the reason of making you be with me during my nervousness....Are you sure you didn't run the marathon with me???

Port-o-potties suck...thankfully Disney did have hand washing stations at each port-o-potty!