Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Trip to Florida Friday


We left home Friday morning at about 6:30. Our flight left from Akron-Canton and we had no problems with checking baggage, getting through security or anything. While we were waiting to take off my mom and I ate at the ever healthy Arby's. By the time we finished there it was time to board the plane. Boy can they pack people on those flights! My poor dad had no leg space at all see above picture. In a mere two hours we were in Florida.

After we got our luggage and rental car we were off to the hotel. We stayed at the All Star Sports. It is a typical hotel. Nothing remotely lavish, but we really just slept there anyway, so no big deal. Once the unpacking was done we headed down to the cafeteria and ate. The cafeteria was really reminiscent of a college cafeteria....very loud! After lunch my dad went to visit his friend in New Symrna Beach and my mom and I headed over to the Wide World of Sports to the Race Expo!


We took Marathon transportation over to WWoS. Busses were runnng every twenty minutes all weekend to allow runners the ability to get everywhere. It was VERY convenient. I got in line and got my race number 11233. The numbers had my name printed on it. I love that feature. Then we headed down to pick up my goodie bag. I got a grey marathon shirt ~ very appropriate since I was running for Tommy and grey is the color for Brain Tumor Awareness. My mom and I walked around the Expo and did some looking around. I did order a black long sleeved t-shirt. After we finished we headed back to 'campus' and had dinner. After dinner we called it a night and just relaxed. We had been up since 4:30.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: