Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blustery Weather Run

I got up at 6:30 and began my Sunday morning routine of getting ready to run.
underarmour long johns check
tights check
cold gear long sleeved shirt check
lined jacket check
hat and gloves check
fuel belt....oh crap.

I met everyone at 7:50 and we got our plan and that is when I realized I left my fuel belt at home. Thankfully, Corky had 2 extra bottles. The wind was blustery....the roads were icy....the snow came down periodically. Our training plan was to run 12 miles. I just couldn't do it. I made it 9.45. I know I should have finished...but I was cold and feeling yucky.

This week's schedule....Tuesday morning run....Tuesday afternoon 2 hour spin......Thursday morning run....Friday evening swim....whew, I am tired already! :)

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Sheez! You are one ambitious girl! I'm just happy to get out of bed in the morning.

amy said...

ummm - at 7:50 this morning I was a bit chilly because it was maybe 60 degrees? But it was in the 70s by afternoon.
Winter in Florida. Not that I'm trying to tempt you or anything ...