Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Relay For Life - Mini Relay

Today at my mom's school, she had the Relay for Life. My mom is the moderator for Student Council and their big fundraiser to share time, talent and treasure is the Relay for Life. Today, their were several speakers at the school who are either survivors, going through the Cancer process or are caregivers for someone with Cancer. My mom is a 9.5 year Cancer survivor. This is 'her' event. They read 299 names of those who no longer have to battle this horrible disease. Tommy's name and luminary were front and center at the event (thanks, mom). Last year the school raised $10,000 for the American Cancer Society...My mom would like to beat it this year with $12,000. The relay is April 18th. I guess I'll be walking again this year. I might do my long run at the event!

3 comments:

Tea said...

WOW---GOOD FOR HER! That's alot of money she raised!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, mom!!!!

Tammie said...

Yay mom! That's quite a goal she's setting. I have a feeling that she'll more than attain it.