Ohio Valley Voices - My friend Jazzie
My friend JazzieAs everyone knows I am mildly obsessed with adoption. I have been since I was in second grade. I still remember the moment. When I 'finally' got internet access I came across Chinese Adoption blogs. One of the very first blogs I read was Sandra's when they were in China adopting Jazzie. While reading I found out that Jazzie was deaf. I followed their story as Jazzie received her surgery and started school. I wished that someday I would be able to meet them. They are from 'The Queen City" and they have a boxer...All things that are my favorites. In talking to Sandra, I mentioned that I was running the Flying Pig last year and I could run for Jazzie and go to the Spaghetti Dinner for Ohio Valley Voices. Yes, I could meet them. I was thrilled to be able to use my running to help raise money for my friend.

Isn't this amazing?
Fast forward to the day before the race and I was pulling into the OVV parking lot. Oh my, I was so excited to finally meet my friends. What I didn't know was what a profound effect visiting the school would have on me. I heard Jazzie speak in this sweet little voice. I just couldn't stand it. Through the miracle of Cochlear Implants Jazzie and hear, talk and be a little girl. I couldn't believe that most of the children running around were actually deaf. The sounds were so joyful. It was an amazing moment. I so enjoyed my tour of the school. I spoke to several teachers and students. This school is truly amazing. Jazzie is amazing and God is so wonderful to have picked Sandra and Matt to receive Jazzie so that she could be so close to a wonderful Children's Hospital and have the ability to go to a fabulous school.
She is just beautifulNext year Jazzie will be mainstreamed into her 'regular' school. I know she will fit in beautifully. OVV has given her wings so that she will fly. Please if you have a moment and would be so kind as to make a donation I would greatly appreciate it. If you aren't comfortable using Chip-In to the right of the blog, please let me know and I will make arrangements. This is one of the two causes I run for.
Also, please click here to HEAR JAZZIE TALK!





2 comments:
A beautiful post Michelle!
I look forward to the day when I too get to meet Sandra & her family in person. Erin looks forward daily to seeing what's going on with Jazzie & Tahlia. I can't believe that Sandra & I have so much in common & yet have not met in person.
As to you dear girl, I see such good things in your soul. May we too meet one day in the near future.
HI 2L!! I need to check your blog more often... your friend Tammie is so right.. you have an amazing heart and are such a wonderful compassionate soul..I am proud to have you for a friend.. run on girlfriend!!
Mary Lou
Post a Comment