Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Weighing heavy


Today I sent out packages for my little girl that I am a Spring Fairie to for Audrey's Umbrella and the second package was to the Philip Hayden Foundation. I sent a bunch of toothbrushes, toothpaste, brushes, combs, new underware, and a big bag of lollipops. When I got home I received my update from PHF. There is a little boy Jamison that is just occupying my thoughts. According to the update Jamison is an eleven year old who was abandoned about a year ago after his dad was killed in a hydrogen explosion. In this hydrogen explosion Jamison was severely burned on his face and body. His mom left him in the hospital because she could not afford the treatment. Jamison asks his caregivers if they are going to help him find a mom and dad who 'can help fix me?' Isn't that just heartbreaking? This eleven year old should be concerned about 5th grade things...basebal, playing cards, video games not worrying about having people to take care of him. While China is known to have many abandoned little girls there are lots of little boys who would love to come to have their own forever family.
If anyone is interested in sponsoring a child from the Philip Hayden Foundation, please let me know. I have sponsored a little girl (who is being adopted) for several years and they send an update about the child with pictures and you can send cards and gifts. Even though it is a little thing it makes me feel so good.
Click Here to see the children who are in need of sponsors.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

You have such a huge heart! I may take a peek over there myself.