Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Time out for a little religion lesson

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31, New International Version

This quote was along the race course and really spoke to me on Sunday morning. I kept repeating in my mind Isiah 40:30-31. I can't beleive I actually remember the verse. It really is true, if you lean on God and allow His will to be done...it will happen on HIS clock...not ours...when we trust in him without God, I certainly could never have been able to run 4 marathons in 54 weeks.

Ps....God is telling me I need to take a break from the long distance running...I ended up in the ER yesterday afternoon. I sprained my ankle at some point during the race. I am in an aircast. My ankle hurts but it will not and can not take away the JOY I feel in my heart for finishing the marathon with Miss Jazzie...it was such a special moment in my life. One that I will carry with me forever. Thank you Sandra for allowing Jazzie to join me in this moment and Thank you to Jazzie for taking my hand and running with me. Love ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope your ankle gets better soon!

Tammie said...

Goodness! Perhaps you are getting a message. Go take that break from the long distance running. Sit back with a cup of Starbucks & relax. You deserve it!