Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Run Alone...

Today, after work I headed to the park and I intended to run 6 miles. I pulled out my ipod and jammed to music and just left the world and escaped within my own thoughts. I began my run and was feeling pretty good. The first three miles were so fast (for me) I enjoyed it so much. I thought about Marcie, Tommy, work, my mom, my grandpa, Charlene, my bloggy friends...I just ran. I kept telling myself I needed to slow down or I would run out of steam...I would slow down but felt like I was crawling. At the end of the six miles my times was 52 minutes. Holy Crap. Does anyone know how fast that is for me??? That is 2 minutes faster than my best 10k.

So here is my question...I haven't been doing as much running as I have normally done. I have added WAY more swim and bike into my rotation...would the swim and bike help my speed? I haven't done a speed workout in FOREVER...I miight have to. I am going to do the Peace Race on October 12...all out...I wonder if I can do it in 50 min?

No comments: