Saturday, September 13, 2008

AAAHHHHH it is Saturday

Let me back up and share my hot date from Friday night. I went to the Y to do my laps and then Jenn met me and gave me Luca and he and I went swimming while she did her workout. Luca is a hoot in the water. He walked in and immediately went over to these little geysers and began playing with them. He quickly realized that if he put his had over the water then the water would stop (I tell you he is brilliant). H played with these 5 little geysers for at least fifteen minutes. Then he relaized that there was a slide. So I helped him up the steps and caught him at the bottom. Well, I realized quickly that the only one getting tiired from that was ME!...So I showed him how to hold onto the railing and I let him climb the steps himself (there are 3 and I was right there). So he would walk up the steps and sit down at the top of the little slide and go down. He must have down that 50 times. Then he wanted me to go down...so I climbed the steps and we went down next to each other. We had some good laughs. I asked him about his first day of school. He is quite the conversationalist if you ask yes, no questions...or if something can be answered with mine. He is too darn cute for words.

After I got home, my mom told me that she got a phone call, and I could tell it wasn't good. My Aunt Janice passed away yesterday morning. My mom and I will be heading to Cinci as soon as we know when everything will be. Aunt Janice has had two open heart surgeries in the past year. She went to dinner with friends Thursday night and then passed Friday. Thankfully it was quick. Her husband was my Uncle Jack (my grandma's brother)...Uncle Jack is the once who convinced me that you spelled Michelle...M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E. Yeah, I believed him for months..I was three. I would argue with my mom because I would write the correct letters for my name but if I was asked to spell my name outloud...it was our favorite mouse! Aunt Janice used to get so mad at him. Uncle Jack died in 2000.

This morning, I got up and ran my ten miles. It rained almost the entire time. UGH. But it is over now. Actually it was a pretty good run.

Tiger is doing well on her meds. She doesn't seem so strung out anymore. but boy is she drinking the water. WOW!

Now, I am going to go read some e-mail and finish laundry...

4 comments:

Tammie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It seems to me that Uncle Jack & Aunt Janice gave their little M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E some wonderful memories.

Date night with Luca sounds cool!

Steve Stenzel said...

Congrats on the run, and I'm sorry to hear about your aunt.

Anonymous said...

Luca loved his quality time today....and after 3 more cookies fell asleep! Thank you for everything!

Tea said...

LOL--that story about Uncle Jack made me laugh!

I'm very glad to hear that Tiger is doing better.