Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted - did you?





I want to keep the actual politics oout of my blog but I hope that each of you took a few minutes to go vote. It is a right that so many women fought long and hard to win. It is something that I believe so strongly. I love going to vote. It is democracy at work. I got teary thinking about how many people live in countries where they can't vote and don't understand what it is like to be free, to speak what they want, to feel free to argue and know that there voice can be heard.

What I didn't care for today was the long lines at the polling places. Oh well, I had the right to come back at a different time! I chose to stand in the line and vote!

2 comments:

Tammie said...

You're darn tootin' straight that I voted!

amy said...

I walked up and saw the super-long line (at 3 in the afternoon, a 'light' time) and part of my brain was like, F this! But then I thought of all those suffragists being tortured and stuff for the right to vote and was like, I can deal with a 3-hour line (turned out to only be 1.5 hours).
I did go home and put on warmer clothes though! Wasn't gonna wait in 65-degree frigid temps in shorts!