Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tiger (May 25, 1998-November 16, 2008)




my precious Tiger had a rough, rough 24 hours. She had 2 really bad seizures. This morninig I am quite positive she had a stroke. She woke us up at 6:00am having said stroke. After that she could barely stand on her own. My dad and I were very concerned. I called the After Hours Animal Hospital to get the details. We decided that it was time. The vet kept telling me I would know and I did. When we got to the Hospital. A very sweet vet came in and looked at Tiger. As soon as she looked in her eyes the Vet started crying and she said we were making the right decision. They gave Miss Tiger a sedative while I signed papers and then they came back in and administered the rest of the medication. It was very peaceful. I wasn't sure what I was expecting but Tiger was very calm and just looked at me and was giving me kisses. After she passed to heaven. They made a paw print for me. They game me her collar. I think Billy will want it. I chose to have her cremated. I will pick her up next Friday. It is so strange to be sitting in my bed and not have the princess laying next to me. I can't imagine going to bed tonight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so very sorry. That is terrible. I know how much you will miss her.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! I know you did the right thing, but that doesn't make it any less difficult.

Sending you hugs.

kitchu said...

Michelle. My god Michelle. I got your donation, and not knowing your last name, and not seeing your comment until now, I didn't know it was you. I am so, so sorry for your loss- my heart just ACHES for you. I cannot imagine that empty place inside of you- I pray that all of your best memories of Tiger help you through those hardest times...

I am thinking of you... xoxo

(and would you believe the word verification is bless??)

Anonymous said...

Someone gave me this poem many many years ago.. I have it taped in my cubicle.. it is beautiful.
A Dog's Prayer...
Tread me kindly, my beloved master, for no world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your had between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do..

Speak to me often, for your voice is world's sweetest music as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the sofest pillow in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you, Rather, hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Peace to you Michelle..

Tammie said...

Michelle,

Having been through this with Star & Kira, I know that the final decision weighs heavily on us. Please know that my heart is crying for you. Tiger was a beautiful girl.

Sending you hugs.

momo said...

oh, michelle - i'm so very sorry! i'm sending you big hugs, girlfriend.

Erin said...

Dear Michelle,
I am very sorry to hear about your baby. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about as I lost my Ike to epilepsy. He went into a grand mal seizure, and just never came out of it. We had to take him to the After hours clinic, and you are right...you just know. The vet explained that we could have stopped the seizure, but he would be very braindamaged. Ike was a german shepard/husky. I had almost 5 years with him. I am so very sorry...having a dog with epilepsy is SO hard. Don't be afraid to greive. Many Blessings...Erin