Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

So, my dad still wasn't feeling well, so he decided to drive down later. My mom and I left home about 11 am...and she talked for FIVE HOURS STRAIGHT! Seriously, I can talk but geez...there was no silence EVER!

We got into Cinci and headed directly to my Aunt Dolly's house. She is my grandpa's sister and is 90 years old. This year was especially hard for her as Marcie, her daughter passed away in September...Christmas was also the day of Marcie's birth. Aunt Dolly did well. She looks well too.

We left there and went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. My aunt was there as was my uncle and his two kids we were just waiting for another uncle and my cousin Liz. They finally got there while we were eating. Natalie was the hit of the party. She danced and proved once again that Christmas is about the children. She was so cute helping to unwrap presents. We left there about 9:30 and headed to the hotel. My dad got in about 9:15 and went to bed. Billy stopped at the hotel to say hi when he got off work.

Christmas morning, we got up and showered to get ready for 10:00 mass at the Cathedral in Covington. The Cathedral was all decked out in its finery. The music was fabuous and the homily was nice. The Bishop gave us an absolvation of all sins. Good deal, huh?!

After mass we all - including Billy - went to Aunt Nancy and Uncle Russell's house. It is tradition. Every year. We got there and she had snacks ready for us. She also had vodka for me, beer for my dad and she was hitting the KT. We sat and laughed and carried on until it was time to go pick up Grandma M. We got her and headed to the Vernon Manor where I think I ate my weight in gouda cheese. Oh my it was good. We went back to my grandma's house to open presents.

The day after Christmas I met up with Mary Lou one of my Kentucky friends for breakfast. YUMMY. Then I headed to my house and then to Pittsburgh. :) Once there, Jeff and I opened presents. He definitely spoiled me. I think he liked everything that I got him too. I spent the weekend there and we really didn't do too much but watch TV and chat and watch a couple of movies. As I have told him I will do anything or nothing as long as I am with him! :)

Tonight we are doing Christmas with my mom, dad and Billy. I hope I get a puppy! (I know I am not getting one...but I really want one!)

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me Michelle!