Monday, April 6, 2009

Toothbrush Worthy?

So remember the episode of Seinfeld where Elaine goes and buys all the Today Sponge's since they were being discontinued. Well, I had a bit of the same moment...albiet a totally different purchase. A few years ago the dentist recommended that I begin to use a new toothbrush. It is by GUM and called Technique. It helps so that I don't scrub my gums away - I am a bit of an over aggressive brusher. Originally, I was able to find the toothbrushes at the random drug store/grocery store. The past year I have had a very difficult time finding the precious toothbrushes. Well, while grocery shopping Saturday night I found the elusive toothbrush. I didn't buy just one...but I bought a few more...like 7. I am set for a little while...although the way I go through toothbrushes, that might last until October.

While finding the beloved toothbrush, Jeff and I bought the makings for a turkey dinner. Sunday I made turkey breast, smashed redskins, corn, green beans, stuffing and rolls. It was so yummy if I do say so myself. I enjoy cooking so much. While I was eating last night I was thinking about my grandma's baked sweet potatoes. Oh my they were so yummy, cooked in TONS of butter and brown sugar...oh my, just thinking about it again makes my mouth water. I realized that I will never have my grandma's baked sweet potatoes again. Yeah, we have the recipe but it still won't be the same. I realized right after she earned her angel wings that the potato salad was a done deal too...although my great aunt (her sister) makes it the same way. I need to learn to makes these without recipes.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Try Ebay for more of your beloved toothbrushes. Hey! It's worth a shot.

My grandmother cooked & baked some amazing things also. (Don't all grandmas?) We have like maybe 2 or3 of those recipes. I make her sweet potatoes while David makes her potato pancakes. The pies & cookies & stuffed cabbage? Gone forever. My grandmother couldn't read or write so she never thought to ask anyone to write down what she was doing. That said, write down the recipes for things you make so future generations of Little Mich's will have them.