Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 5th of July and Happy Birthday to my cousin!

I am a tired camper today. WE got home last night about 11:15 which is WAY past my bedtime. I ate like a hog all day. Everything was so good...especially the caramel brownies and apple cheesecake.



Before the party, I ran the Firecracker 4. It was the 35th annual race in Canfield. I got up and ate my PB toast (then immediately brushed my teeth, Jeff is allergic to peanuts, poor boy) we left the house with Cali about 7:45...drove to Canfield and got a good park. We casually walked over to meet Janet and Glenn at the DQ. As in previous years, the race starts before I realize it and it took 2 minutes for me to cross the start line. The plan was Janet and I were going to run together. I was planning on 11 minute miles. I knew I could do faster but I didn't really want to push too much since I haven't run so much lately. So the race starts and then we took off, going slow...we made it down South Broad and heading to Sleepy Hollow, mile one at 10:39. I knew I needed to slow my pace. Sleepy Hollow to Blueberry, to Findlay...easy nice and shady...then to Briarcliff to Cardinal Drive. Some lovely womana was standing at the end of her driveway and was running hte sprinkler. Up Cardinal drive...ugh Hill. I made it to mile 3 and I ran all the hills. I needed to walk a minute to get my breathing under control. I got control and then began running again. One mile to go...I know I can do it. I rounded back to North Borad and I really was feeling good and was feeling stronger. I finished in 42:04 on my Garmin which was started at the start line. Not bad!

No comments: