Peace Race 2009
It was time for the yearly running of the Peace Race. I waited (naturally) until the last minute. Saturday. I had to make sure it wasn't going to be a cold rain. I like rain, but not when it is cold. So the alarm went off at 7:00. I hit snooze. I pulled out of my nice, warm bed at 7:30. Typically I am up at that time anyway. I made my way down for coffee. I fed Cali and started getting ready. I listened to the we@ther channel. Long sleeves, short sleeves. jacket...oh, I just didn't know. I went with long sleeves and capri pants. Good choice.
We picked up Meghan and headed down to the finish line...we then met up with Cindy and Karen. We took the bus to the start line. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too long. Meghan and I ran to the restroom. Then ran to the start line and then...the race started.
I ran miles one and two feeling great. I was hitting a 9:40 pace and I felt good. I slowed down a bit and kept going. This was fun...mile 3.2...wow half way there. still feeling good. I was doing the 1:1 and felt great. I think I might trade and do 1 minute running and 40 sec walking. I kept wanted to run after 40 sec.
The five mile point you could hear the band and crowds...Still 1.2 to go. Then all of a sudden it was 1000 yards to the finish. I finished strong and felt great. My time wasn't so great. According to my Garmin I was at 10:50 minute miles. The chip says 11 minute miles. But that started at gun time.
Great day, great race.





No comments:
Post a Comment