Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Training for Marathon #5

So, I decided to begin to train for marathon number five.  I am training with my friend, Meghan.  She is speedy and a former All-American College Soccer player.  I am not.  Week one was perfect. I did all six workouts.  My ankle was bothering me, but I thought I could push through.  Well, after the long run, I knew I couldn't go any further.  I discovered I have a bone chip and was told 2-4 weeks off.  Ummmm, no...how about a week and a half?  I got a shot of lidocaine (the miracle drug) and took 10 days off.  I went out to do track (speed) workout.  8 laps at 2:15-2:30 pace.  I did it...but at a 2:05 average pace.  Not bad.  I am not sitting with ice on my ankle and hope to get the 11 mile run in on Saturday.  Then I will be back on track for training!

No comments: