Relay For Life
For the past 5 years my mom has been in charge of the Relay for Life at St. Charles. She has two teams of 7th and 8th grade students. The past 3 years St. Charles has raised the most money for the Cancer Society at that particular Relay. One of the fundraisers is to have a basketball game where the girls play the girls alumni team and the boy basketball team plays the coaches. My dad refs and I do the 50/50 raffle. This year's event raised $600 ~not too shabby for 2 hours of work. I wish I made $300 an hour.
On an similar note on my other blog I had mentioned my best friend's brother. Tommy has had a brain tumor since he was 3 - he is now 32. He was operated on in NY and his parent's were told that he wouldn't see his 6th birthday. He has had scares off and on throughout his life and has been to multiple doctors in New York, Texas, Duke Medical, and Cleveland Clinic. His tumor ruptured last October and he wasn't expected to live 24 hours. He is still hanging in there. He is hanging in there and is having more frequent seizures....but is still concerned about his morning coffee, reading the USA Today and what is for lunch. He enjoys spending time with his family, especially his nephews, Luca and Dominic. He adores his mom, Lucille, his sisters Jennifer and Maria and his brother John..even enjoys spending time with his dad. Everyone loves Tommy and I just can't even imagine the day that the angels come for him. Please pray for Tommy.





No comments:
Post a Comment