Robby
Yesterday was Robby's birthday. I still can't believe that he is gone. We were planning a huge family trip to Red River Gorge in KY to scatter his ashes. My aunt and family aren't ready to do that yet. They think maybe next year. Red River Gorge was Robby's favorite place. He had a huge map of it in his room and whenever he could he would take off to explore the area.
On this Memorial Day weekend. I am thinking back to previous Memorial Day weekends. I remember when we lived on Ashland Avenue in KY and on Memorial Day we would walk over to Mother of God Cemetery and visit with my great grandparents. It would be my Aunt Nancy, Uncle Russell, Aunt Ellen, Mom, Dad, brothers and I who would walk over. The cemetery is very pretty and quite peaceful. We caught onto going at the same time that the Society for Duveneck would come. Duveneck is an artist from Covington who is buried at MOG. His 'people' would pull up in a black, shiny limo. They would place a huge wreath at his tomb and open a bottle of champagne and toast his life. So naturally my family couldn't be out done...we would walk over with our cooler and crack open a beer...Aunt Nancy would open her baby food jar of KT and we would toast my great grandparents and then would walk around. Yes, it is pathetic the Hillbilly fun that we had...good times I tell ya.





No comments:
Post a Comment