Sad
First, all the adoptive parents, please don't blast me.
So, for the past few years I have sponsored a little girl through the Philip Hayden Foundation. Her name is Hannah, she is a special needs child. When I saw her picture on the list, I fell in love. I so wanted to adopt her. I send her care packages over the years and was sent pictures. When China decided to change it's policy on single adoptions (another slap in the face) I still felt that I had "My Hannah" and maybe China would change the rules so that I would be able to adopt this sweet child. Well, I found out tonight that "My Hannah" is being adopted. I am so thankful that she has found her forever family and yet I am so sad that it isn't with me. I know that as a single parent it would be difficult to handle the special needs of Hannah, but there is nothing to guarantee that I wouldn't have a SN child biologically, so I truly thought nothing of it. I would figure it out and God would provide, if it was meant to be.
God Bless Hannah's forever family. I wish them lots of love and giggles from My Hannah...





2 comments:
Oh Michelle, I would NEVER blast you for the love you obviously feel for Hannah. You are such a sweet and generous woman. I hope you will somehow find a way to your child...
I would never blast you Michelle! How wonderful that you've spent time sponsoring Hannah! I'm glad to hear that she found her forever family even if you weren't the lucky mom. I'm sure that one day (hopefully soon), you & your child will find each other.
Post a Comment