Time for Catch-up

First, my grandma is doing much better. When they did the endoscopy showed some ulcers and also that the hernia that she has (who knew) was twisted and flipped..which is probably why she was continually getting sick. I am guessing when she fell it went out of 'place'....so thankfully she didn't have to have the colonoscopy or the angioplasty. I was so freaked out when my Aunt called and said that grandma wanted to talk to me before surgery...I busted into tears at work. I was a bit shaky until I heard she was okay.
Second, I am planning to run another marathon...my schedule looks like this....June 7 IHM 5k with Diane, July 4th Firecracker 4 with Diane and maybe Leslie, then September 9 Buckeye Half Marathon, September 29 Akron Marathon. Akron is a must do as when you finish you get a certificate for a new pair of Brooks Running shoes. Gotta love that.
Also, we are looking into doing a relay team triathlon. Diane will do the swim, Leslie the bike and I will run. I think we could be pretty darn competitive. Plus, it sounds like tons of fun.
Last weekend I went looking at bikes...Holy Cow! Road bikes are really expensive. Entry level is $600 bucks. Need to save some bucks...although they do finance. And I gave them a HUGE laugh when I showed them my bike from Wal-Mart. Hey it has two wheels and goes...plus I didn't need to finance it.
OH, I also started swimming lessons at 6:00am on Thursdays. So far they are fun. I am really learning tons and I am enjoying being in the water, maybe next year I'll be willing to do a triathlon myself.





1 comment:
I'm glad to hear your grandmother is doing better! Isn't it amazing what an ulcer can do to us?
Post a Comment