Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Twilight Run Canfield, Ohio 6/23/07

So, I was back and forth all day about running this race. Two of my friends were supposed to go but both backed out. I had been swimming earlier in the day...But as 8:00 approached, I decided what the heck, just go. So I got dressed in my running gear and headed up to the high school. I ran into Cindy from Tri-Club and chatted with her and her daughters until the start of the race. The race started and I was going to do the Galloway 4:1 but felt so good starting the run I ran for 15 minutes and then walked for 1 minute....then ran 4, walked 30 sec....I finished in 28 and some change. I was pretty happy about the run especially since my new shoes are giving me problems. I have a HUGE blister on the arch of my foot. I felt like there was a razor blade in the shoe. I have another option that I am going to try and then the shoes will be returned if they don't work out.

I am getting closer the the 27 minute mark for a 5k. That is my goal - 8.7 minute mile.

I am going to borrow a road bike from a friend, so I "might" train for and actually compete in a Triathlon. Dear God help me.

I think I have the swimming okay...gotta practice the bike and then we'll see.

Next running race...Wednesday, July 4th. Firecracker 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a triathlon? You are an amazing and inspirational woman!

Hope you can find a way for your new shoes to work out for you!