Friday, August 17, 2007

Did you ever?

Did you ever have one of those runs where you start out and you know you are running too fast but it feels good, so you keep going and you push it thinking that you'll slow down as soon as it hurts or your lungs collapse? I did that tonight, the weather was perfect, my new underarmour compression shorts are 'da bomb' and I was just comfortable...I ran 3 miles quick and I was comfortable the whole run. I was jamming to my music and enjoying the outside. No humidity, no aches, no shorts riding up, no lung issues, no bad thoughts....just me and the pavement. I actually spent time listening to the steady beat of my shoes hitting the pavement. It is a lovely sound, sort of like a gently rain...you can be lulled into a different world.

Tomorrow morning I am running "Miles for Hope" it is a 2 mile run to benefit Dante, an 8th grader at St. Charles who is fighting against bone cancer.

Later in the day I am watching my buddy, Luca. hmmm, I need to plan something fun for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read posts like this I want to start running, but I would have no idea where to start!

Good luck tomorrow!

Tammie said...

You are so my hero! I love the idea of exercise but fibromyalgia makes it so hard.

Anonymous said...

Luca can hardly wait for aunt chelles to arrive! Just you coming over is enough fun! You are an awesome runner and awesome aunt and friend.