Friday, August 31, 2007

Heavy Heart

Tommy fought long and hard. God decided at 3:37 am that it was time for Tommy to join God's team. I can't imagine how the family felt. I don't have any of the details and I may never get them. I do know they were all there. That is a blessing.

I was getting ready to go run this morning when I got the text message from Jennifer. I still continued on my 20 mile run and did see Jennifer at one point. She looked as good as could be expected.

It does help me to know that Tommy is not in pain. Perhaps, he is walking down the street by himself, talking on the phone while chewing gum (Jenn, that's for you.)

Tommy, you are my hero. I am truly blessed to know you and spent time with you. I am so thankful for every lunch, dinner, movie, etc. that we were together.

Peace, my friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Michelle. Sending many, many hugs your way.

Tammie said...

I am so sorry to hear that Tommy has passed. Please know that I am sending hugs your way.

Tea said...

I am so sorry. I'm glad the family was able to be there.

Anonymous said...

Tommy loves you. I am glad you were able to see him on Wednesday. And thank you for all your help with Luca. Love, Jennifer