Hill Repeats
After Cindy and I both got e-mails from the Akron Marathon talking about 'The Hills' we decided like it or not we best practice some hill work. So, last night we trucked out to Mill Creek and did hill repeats for 30+ minutes...run up the hill, walk down it. I was feeling pretty cocky and decided to run a couple of miles after and boy is my arse sore today. A good sore but still sore. I think we are going to run our 18 in the park so we get a couple of hills. I got online and compared the elevation of the Flying Pig and Akron. Honestly, they are about the same except the Akron hills are at the freaking end of the race and the Pig is in the beginning. Oh well, I committed and I will do it...I might have to walk a bit but I am okay with that!
Saturday Morning is the "Miles for Hope for Dante" it is a 2 mile race to raise money for a boy at St. Charles who was diagnosed with bone cancer. It should be fun....
Then the highlight of the weekend will be watching Luca Lu Saturday night, if Tony can get concert tickets...I will have a good time with the boy. It will be fun for me at least!





3 comments:
You inspire me, woman!
I am looking forward to hearing what you think of Akron, our running group is thinking of doing it next year.
hill repeats ... yuck
You are #1!!!!
Post a Comment