Sunday, August 12, 2007

RIP (the post really isn't morbid)


I just got home from running. Took my shower and was starting my normal Sunday boring routine...I got the bright idea to pull out the vacuum cleaner and sweep the computer room. I was bending down to grab my newest running shoes and realized the my cemetery for running shoes is under my desk...see running shoes have a life expectancy of 300 miles, then they aren't good for running but there is lots of life still left in them so I wear them around town, for short periods of time. So currently I have 4 pairs of running shoes under the desk...hmmmm. So, I am not good with math...but 3 pairs are retired...300 x 3 = 900, plus my newest shoes which have 116 miles...that is 1016 miles in the last year....to quote Frank Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond) 'Holy Crap!'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl! you always did like shoes.......

Tammie said...

You are way too funny!

Of course, I'm quite pitiful. I've been buying the same exact pair of black pumps for the last 4 years - 2 pair at a time. I buy them around 3 or 4 times a year since they're the only shoes I wear to work. Uh oh. Maybe I shouldn't admit to this shoe issue. ;-)