Saturday, August 25, 2007

Strip District


Today Robin, Cindy, Melanie, Maggie and I went to the Strip District in Pittsburgh. It was a gorgeous day. Hot but there was a great breeze.
First we hit the bread stand Cindy got a couple of loaves of bread. Then the produce stand - organic Pink Lady apples for 99 cents a pound. Beautiful fruits...and veggies...then the coffee shop. I got blueberry coffee and holiday blend. I just ground my coffee for tomorrow. We ate lunch at a quaint place with sort of a New Orleans feel. Everything was something to look at. There was a great fish market a bit fish smelling but still looked good (they even had cans of tuna)...The best(worst) site of the day was the 'man' wearing a black bikini top and high heels walking down the street...WHAT A SIGHT! We were all cracking up.

After we left the Strip we went to Trader Joe's. Boardman REALLY needs to get one. There were so mane awesome things there...I got raw almonds at a great price, organic soups, crumpets and something else but I forget right now...everything was so yummy looking. I can't wait to go back.

It was great to spend a nice leisurely day walking and chatting (and eating).

After I got back I went to dinner with my mom and tomorrow it is back to reality...actually I think reality might be here now...I really need to clean the bathroom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of you and your friends. It sounds like you had a fabulous day!

Tammie said...

It sounds like such a nice & relaxing day that you gals had. I love the description of the market area. Especially the bikini top person.