Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another Weekend Over

Charlene's funeral was very nice. On the way to the funeral home we saw 3 deer on River Road...for those not from Cinci...very odd. Then she would have been so proud after the mass we had to go over the river to the "Promised Land" (Kentucky) to Mother of God Cemetery. Charlene had traffic stopped on 75 South going across the bridge. Quite a site. While at MOG, I got to see my grandpa's grave and my great grandparent's grave. I really can't believe that Char is gone. Quite honestly, I can't deal with it right now. I am sure it will hit at an inopportune time but my body will not allow me to grieve for someone else while it is still grieving for Tommy. I began crying at the Gospel reading yesterday. It was the same passage that was at Tommy's mass. After the service at the cemetery I had my dad drop me off at the hotel and I went out for my run. 20 freaking miles....just in case anyone wants to know there is nothing flat in Northern Kentucky. It is all hills. But 20 miles are in the books and now I begin my taper to Marathon day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you HUGS...

Anonymous said...

One day at a time.....You really have been through alot the last few weeks. You KNOW Charlene was so excited to see her mom see her mom again. Those are the kind of things that bring me some sense of peace. God does work in mysterious ways; you are doing everything and feeling everything exactly as you should be. - trust me!

I am the Big Bad Wolf said...

Hey! Deer are a common sight in Cincy. They are EVERYWHERE! My front yard, my back yard, in the road, next to the road, dead in the road. Last Spring, there were sharpshooters here "thinning" the herd.