Sunday, September 2, 2007

WOW!

I went out to do a recovery run today. I thought an easy 3 miles would be good for my legs (and good for my mental state, too) so I head over to the park and start out and am feeling like I am going too fast...but I thought what the heck, I'll slow down when I have to...I kept going...I did take a quick walk break but I started right back up and finished the 3 mile loop in 24:50 freaking minutes. While, I know for some people that isn't that fast...for me that is freaking FAST...I am talking Speedy Gonzales fast...I am so impressed with myself I just can't stand it...okay, off to shower!

4 comments:

Tea said...

OMIGAWD! I think I can do 2 miles in that time. YOU ROCK!

Ali said...

You are super fast!

Tammie said...

Since I neither walk nor run, & exercise is a 4 letter word in my house, I am totally impressed! Of course, all that really matters is that you needed it & felt great about it afterwards. Congrats!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Michelle, thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I looked up the person you were talking about and feel much better about Couer d/Arlen next year. I've been worrying and pulling at my lip about whether I'd actually make a 17 hour cutoff. You've put my mind at ease! Thanks! PS: I'm envious of your moniker; there's all sorts of things that say "RunnerGirl" but I've yet to find merchandise with "GeedGrl" on it.