First Run Post Marathon
So, I went last night and got my 'free' shoes for running the marathon. I ended up paying the difference and getting the Brooks Glycerin 5. They are pretty and they are hot pink! Love them! I decided to go out for an easy 3 tonight and went over to the park and went out. I did 3 miles in 25 minutes. I thought I was running slow. um, guess not! It felt so good to run. I have missed it the past few days. My mind has been all cluttered. I am one of those people who use running as my escape. I use it to think, to relax, to enjoy. Running is MY TIME...no phone, no questions, just me and the pavement!
It is funny while I was running I was thinking about my common phrase "Run Happy". It is hard to have a bad run when you have a smile on your face, outside enjoying the weather, and enjoying time with myself. I love me. My body allowed me to take 21 minutes off of my first marathon. My body allowed me to run for 26.2 miles and go to work for 5 days in a row. I allowed my body to rest and now I feel great...I can't wait to run tomorrow and hit the gym, I am going back to strength training...I let that slide big time. I am back am ready to go....Disney in 5 hours.





1 comment:
hot pink running shoes? You MUST post a picture!
Post a Comment