Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend Update


Saturday Run

I went out for a nice 5 mile run. The weather is unseasonably warm but all felt great. Did the 5 in 52 minutes. Came home and took a very nice shower.

Visitors and Kentucky Pie

I had to make a dessert for the picnic tomorrow. I decided to make Kentucky Pie. Oh, it is so good and rich and gooey.
Luca, Jennifer and Tony stopped by and gave me a very cool Minnie Mouse t-shirt. I can't wait to wear it. I gotta start getting in a Mickey sort of way! Thanks for thinking of me while you were away. I missed you both tons!

The Night the Lights Went Out in Canton
My mom and I drove over to North Canton, Ohio (home of the Football Hall of Fame) to see my Godson's soccer game. He plays NAIA DII. It is his senior year. It was so cool at the beginning of the game they announced the players and he blew us a kiss. The game itself was very good. I don't know a ton about soccer but WOW are these kids athletic. The game is non-stop...UNLESS, the lights go out. There was 11:20 to go in the game and ODU was up 2-0. The lights just went out. It was pitch black. My mom and I packed our stuff up and headed back to the car to wait until they would let us see Chip. The lights came back on and the game ended up 3-0. Then we got to see sweet Chip. He is a good boy and very smart too. He is studying to be an accountant. Obviously he doesn't get his love of numbers from me. I think that is our Grandma's influence.

SVTC Year End Picnic

We had our elections and year end picnic today. Who would have thought it would be SO hot. It was a great day. We had a good time and it was nice to see everyone in a social setting. I also got this yummy recipe. I can't wait to make it.

Shawn's Chicken Pot Pie.....Super Yummo

1 Bag of frozen mixed vegetables (Medley Mix – Broccoli/Cauliflower/Carrot)2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cans of whole potatoes
1 can of crescent rolls (The refrigerated kind)
6 skinless/boneless chicken breast

- Grill chicken.
- Thaw frozen mixed veggies in the microwave for 2 mins.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Cut grilled chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large glass casserole dish.
- Bake in over at 375 for 45 mins.
- Take casserole out of oven after 45 mins (dish should be bubbly) and add cut up pieces of crescent rolls to the top of the dish (cut the crescent rolls with scissors-much easier that way).
- Place back in oven at 400 for 12 mins (crescent rolls should be golden brown).
- Eat and enjoy (just make sure you let it cool down a little bit first).

No comments: