Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

So, I am sitting here watching all the kids dressed in their finest...Alice in Wonderland, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Spiderman, Football Players and even Elvis...coming to the door and I am sad that I don't have anyone to get dressed for trick or treat. Yes, I did dress Tiger, but it just isn't the same as dressing a child and taking them to visit for everyone to see. just another holiday where I am reminded of my "single-ness" another reminder that holidays are for families.

I am going to a party tonight where I don't even want to go, I want to climb into bed and pull the covers over me.

Also, the heat has been turned on...mark it down...my mom was cold so we were finally allowed to crank the heat!!!

4 comments:

Tammie said...

There is absolutely no reason that you can't get dressed up to hand out the candy! Although Halloween is typically a kid's holiday, no one says the adults can't have a little fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you felt a little bit of sadness on Halloween...

Chin up, you are a wonderful person :-)

The heat is cranked up here, too!

Anonymous said...

Aunt chelles-Luca doesn't want you to be sad. he is also glad to hear the heat finally went on. It was about time! we love you,
luca and jennifer

amy said...

holidays are NOT just for families! They're for everyone! Celebrate your fabulous self - dress up if you want, decorate whatever you like, eat what you want - and keep all the leftovers! yay, singleness!