Friday, October 26, 2007

More Happy Birthday's

Today is my Grandma's 84th birthday. We went out last Saturday in KY to celebrate. Grandma Lucille is a crack up. She was a HEAVY smoker until September 25, 2001. That was the day of her heart attack (when she told her sister to take her time, because she wanted to catch the end of Martha Stewart before going to the hospital). Since 2001, she hasn't smoked at all...however, she took up drinking scotch. Eh, whatever...can you get a DUI for an electric wheelchair? Actually, she starts drinking after Jeopardy. Her routine is to fill and I mean fill her waterford crystal highball glass with scotch, pretend to put a drop of water in and add a couple of ice cubes. It is her routine...heck what else does she have to look forward to? She can barely see anymore...eh, let her drink!

The other birthday is Charlene. Tomorrow would have been her 59th birthday. I am still having a difficult time with that. I actually bought her a birthday card without thinking, she was on my October list...can you send a card to heaven?

The highlight of my day was receiving a Halloween card from the cutest child ever....yes, Luca...it had pictures in it. I just want him to stay that size, he is so cute and happy. I look into those bright brown eyes and it gives me hope. I need to get him his gift from Kentucky. I bought him a puppet of a horse...Kentucky...horses, get it? After I bought it I thought of Charlene and how she gave my brother Nicholas a rocking horse for Christmas one year. Nicholas named it Charlie Horse after her...the kid was a crack up....so I am hoping that Luca will continue the tradition and call his horse, Charlie.

Today was a day of rest. My achilles tendon is really bothering me and I am hoping that the stretches I am doing will help. Tomorrow is a 4 miler and Sunday is 10. Disney is under 80 days away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you grandma! It sounds like she is still going strong :-)

Tammie said...

Happy Birthday to your grandmother! I love that she's living life to the fullest! I'd like to meet the cop who has the nerve to give her a wheelchair DUI. She'd probably have a few things to say to that person!