Sunday, November 4, 2007

Training run

Today was another training run. 12 miles. I have been very nervous all week about this run after last week's disaster. I didn't sleep well last night so I chose to sleep in a little bit and run by myself rather than with the tri club. I headed out at 10:30 and drove to the experimental farm to run the bike path. The first mile felt fine and then I began to ache with my tendon...decided if necessary I would just go 2.5 out and then turn back. At the 2.5 mark I decided I felt okay and try to push it to 3, then 3.5, then 4, at the 5 mile point, I was aching so I ran another .5 and then turned back. I was stopping periodically to stretch out my left leg. I was heading back and it was feeling pretty good...past Herbert Road, 2.5 to go which would bring me to 10.5 for the day. I past the high school, and thought wow, I am feeling pretty good...hmmm...I ran past the 10.5 turn off to get me to my car and added the little bit out to Leffingwell Road. I circled back and saw how close I was to 12, so I continued running to get my 12 in...I finished the day at 12.02....we won't discuss the time because I was slow...but I got it done and it is in my log book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You are awesome...