Did I do Enough?
Over the past twenty-four hours, I have had several of moments when I questioned whether or not I did enough for Tommy? I read a wonderful article of Dr Tom and his foundation that was started at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Tommy's memory. I finally got throught the whole article without crying. Jennifer told me about a group that helps children with Brain tumors so that they receive 'happy mail' Jennifer and I are going to be Spring Fairies for two kids. When I first looked at the boy who is nineteen, I was thinking so much of Tommy. I read through the blog and was thinking back to 'what Tommy was doing last year' or on Tommy's birthday or the day Tommy joined Our Heavenly Father...I made it through the little girl's blog pretty well. She seems to have a great prognosis.
So this has led me to wonder what else can I do for Tommy...I run my races with Tommy. I am planning a Golf Outing and 5k race for Tom the Bomb. Is that enough?
I wish I could rent the billboard in Times Square and let people know about how wonderful Tommy was...how Tommy lived his life....how happy he was all of the time. I am reminded often of the last time I saw Tommy and I asked him how he was and he told me "he was great" He is such an inspiration to me and I want him to be an inspiration for all people...not just those with brain tumors but all people. Tommy is one of the most loving people I know...I miss him and think of him daily. I am always playing his song...or watching Star Trek because Tommy liked it...I have even tried to do crossword puzzles because Tommy liked them.
If you read my blog, please remember to tell those you love that you do love them, live for the day, enjoy each day....don't get caught up in the future or the past...live for the moment...enjoy each moment...treasure those you love.





3 comments:
That is great advice, Michelle....
Life's short - it can be taken away quickly.
Chelles - YOU ABSOLUTELY did above and beyond for Tommy. He loved you while he was here, and he loves you still. As a matter of fact, he is probably telling you to pipe down about not doing enough. You are being much too hard on yourself. I agree, the little girl is a better fit for you right now. But you also were there for ME, and I know Tommy would want SOMEONE to take his big sister out for a drink! We LOVE you Aunt Chelles! Jennifer and Luca
Michelle,
I'm a big believer in "the big tv screen" in the sky. When I was a little girl, my grandfather died, & I was inconsolable. Then my parents told me that he would watch over me for the rest of my life. I may be an adult now, but I still believe that Grandpa watches over me along with the rest of my grandparents & mother. It helps me get through some hard times.
Tommy loved you then, & he continues to love you now. The best thing you can to do honor him is to remember him & tell the story of his life.
Post a Comment