Monday, May 5, 2008

Flying Pig - the Middle

So we are now past the separation and the full piggies are heading out to Madison Avenue. This road is very important to me as my great grandmother lived here. I ran right past her old house. It is right across from Withrow High School. We crossed over to Erie and were heading to Mooney Avenue (sort of ironic since I went to Mooney High and it is on Erie Street). we passed Bob Ronker's Running Spot which was cool. They were allowing people to run in for potty breaks. (BTW - I will mention it now - I successfully did not have to use a port-o-potty the entire race. I'll admit when we got to Billy's I really had to pee.)

We went down Marburg (which is where my great-uncle used to live)...then we headed out to THE HALFWAY POINT. I was so thankful to get to this point. i was still feeling pretty good.

The race toured Mariemont. It is such a pretty City. I enjoyed looking at the pretty houses. These people really know how to throw a Marathon Party. They had a DJ and lots of picnics set up to watch the runners. It was very cool to hear people cheering for you and calling out words of wisdom,,,although if anyone else said you are almost there or there are no more hills I might have needed to punch them out. Probably not a good news story....

So at some point before this I stoved my toe on a grate in the road - just call me grace. Anyway, my toe was really hurting, so I stopped at a medical tent and asked them to help me out. They buddy taped my toes together and lubed up my feet as I was getting blisters again...nothing like Disney but blisters nonetheless. I know it was after the Original Frisch's..and before mile 19...I also was irritated with my fuel belt so at some point I took it off and gave it to a volunteer. He asked if I wasnted it back. I told him to do whatever he wanted with it...I never did really like it...I wanted to get a new one anyway...he said he was going to use it, so I passed it on. Good .great. I just knew it wasn't on me anymore! I saw my pparent's and they drugged me up with Advil. That really helped. I was downing the water from the tables. I was feeling yucky I was ready to be done!

We hit mile 20 and I thought okay a 10k left. I can do this. I was doing two minute run, one minute walk. I really think that helps me. Mile 21, okay one loop around Lake Newport. Simple Easy Peasy...Breathe, relax, Enjoy the moment. Why does my Garmin say I am further along than I really am? How did I lose placement? I was spot on until the end here. hmmmmm. Mile 23 we were getting close to the city, there were more people around. It means so much when people are out cheering. Any the lovely man with blueberry donut holes from Dunkin Donuts...I love you. Mile 24 down - Okay herre we go...suck it up. Somewhere during mile 24 we saw two deer over by the river. It was an omen for me as during most of my long runs I saw deer somewhere along the course. I thought it was a sign that YES, I can do it!

Mile 25, I called Sandra and told her I was heading down, give me about 12 minutes. I couldn't believe that I was moments away from finishing my 4th marathon. Who ever would have thought that the girl who hated to sweat would be out doing this????

No comments: