Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial 5 Miler

I had a tough time getting out of the house this morning...what to wear. Did I bring everything I needed. I was late picking up Cindy but we made it down to the Y and stood in a line for late registration. They had one poor volunteer working late registration and three people working the pre-register...I think it should be the other way around. Anyway, we took our race shirts to the car and then headed back to the Y for a potty break. We milled around a bit and met up with some other SVTC'ers. Then it was time to get to the start. The gun went off and away we went. First miler was pretty much up hill. Finished in 9:35. I little bit faster than I wanted to be, I slowed down my pace and we continued into the park via a hill. Aha, the second mile already. I am feeling a little wheezy, but I continued on. I decided to walk the hills to help my lungs. There was a water break...lovely cool water. Continuing on. This part of the park is so pretty we ran past a waterfall and we could hear the birds chirping. This is the way spring is supposed to be, I sent a Thank You God! up to Him. Mile 4, was another uphill. Shouldn't there have been more downhills? Any we made our way back to Downtown Y-town and the finish line. I tried like hell to catch up with Cindy but I just couldn't do it. She was on fire today. My finish was 50:30 and hers was 50:15. It was a lovely day!

1 comment:

Tea said...

50:30 is a very speedy time! Wow! I just love running without music, so I can hear the sounds around. It makes every run or ride so much better.

Congrats on a great race!