Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

Well, last night was the client event in Wheeling. It went really well. The manager down there is crazy. I seriously think he is on some form of drugs. He also got plastered at the event by 4 pm he had had 2 beers....he thinks he is funny, but he isn't he is just sad. He made a few inappropriate comments to me that kinda upset me. not a big deal because I know he has no clue..BUT irritating nonetheless. He is very frustrating but we still had a good event. I got home after 10 last night.

I got up this am and headed to work. I had a good day today. It was busy getting caught up after being out of my office for the day. After work I sat by the pool for a bit and then went out for my run.

If you notice the new icon over to the right; one of my good friends was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is going to have a team at the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. I am going to do everything in my power to be at this race and run for Eve. Eve has been such a good friend. We are in an e-mail group where we have all become such great friends. I can't imagine a day without hearing from them. If this is what I can do for Eve, I will get there.
I hope Amy doesn't mind me 'borrowing' the icon. I am going to try to get a PR at this race. My best 5k is 27:19 (I think) I would like to be at 25 something....

Tomorrow is my first 56 mile bike ride. I am excited but nervous. It is supposed to storm but as long as it isn't raining I am biking in the morning. We are leaving at 7:00am. Whew early!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle!

WTG on the sponsor! Woot!

amy said...

borrow away! Just have a beer for me at the finish line - since you'll be there WAY ahead of me!

Tammie said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis. It is so disheartening to find out more people are being diagnosed. I just want to know when it's all going to stop.

When will you be down for the SGK run? It's in my neck of the woods. Would be cool if we got to meet IN PERSON.