Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Patience is a virtue I don't have....


So today a very good friend of mine is undergoing double mastectomy. I have felt this uneasy feeling all day. i want to be there for her. She is in her 30s and was diagnosed with stage II last month. I really can't believe that this is happening to her. She is one of the healthiest people I now...she eats well, she works out constantly, she is just an all around good person. Her surgery was to start at 2:30...I feel like a caged animal...I need to hear something. What is going on? How is she feeling? What can I do for her? I just feel so helpless. I hate this feeling. I know I need to hand it over to a 'higher being' but I just can't give up control....it is driving me nuts.
UPDATE: She is out of surgery and hanging in there she is in pain but they are giving her medication and antibiotics to protect against infection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why things like this happen to people like your friend; people who take care of themselves. I hope your friend will feel better really soon.

momo said...

ah, i can relate. my running partner was just diagnosed and the past few months have been crazy. they did a lumpectomy and now she is undergoing radiation. we ran for the first time since the whole thing started and it was good just to be outside - i let her talk. sometimes lending an ear is the best thing you can do.

i'll be praying that all was successful for your friend. hugs.

Tammie said...

I don't get it. Why do these things happen to people at all? There are so many questions with no answers.

I hope your friend is doing better.