The Weekend
Friday
I did run at lunch and it was really a nice stress reliever. It was hazy, hot and humid at the park but it felt so good to just 'go' in the middle of the day. I think I will do that more often. After work I went home and took my much needed shower. Then went to dinner with Jennifer and Mary Ann. It is so awesome to get out and see them without interuptions from dogs, children, husbands, co-workers, etc. While at dinner we had a guest visitor, Jennifer's dad came by and visited with us. He is so cool. (I still would really like him to pull out he Indiana Jones hat for old times sakes - maybe this fall?)
Saturday
I got up at the butt crack of dawn and rode to OSU with Yvonne. It was fun. We sat through a performance of the students of things they did throughout the week. Not only are the Essex kids smart but boy are they talented. It was very enjoyable albiet a little long but very entertaining. We stopped and had lunch at Max & Erma's I lurve their tortilla soup...yummy.
Sunday
This morning I didn't hear from anyone about biking so, I took matters in my own hands and I grabbed Wildcat and she and I went to the Canfield bike trail. I decided to see how fast I could go. I averaged 18 mph for the 20 miles. I would have been higher but I ran into groups of people where I had to slow down. I had fun. I practiced getting my water bottle out without falling, I practiced switching gears...I played with them quite a bit. I passed people quite a bit too. I had two people ask me how long I had been biking because I look really good out there. When I told them I have on;y had the bike since the end of April they were impressed. That made me feel better about my skills. Now I have a headache...and I am doing laundry...such mundane items for a Sunday.





No comments:
Post a Comment