Ride to Lake Milton
I read yesterday that Corky was going to ride to Lake Milton this morning at 7:00am. I typed a message on the boards saying that I was in...So, the alarm went off at 5:30 (yes an hour earlier than I get up for work) and I got up and ate peanut butter toast with honey and a cup of coffee and got myself dressed. I left the house with two water bottles and some sharkies and hoped for the best. I have done this ride once before at an average pace of 13. So, I was hoping for a bit better. I got to the Farm and got Wildcat all ready to go and was getting nervous because no one else was coming and I thought maybe I misunderstood the message. I was all ready to head back home and climb back into bed...all of a sudden I heard Corky's laugh and saw the riders coming...It was Corky, Marvin and Moira. My first thought was 'Oh my...I am never going to keep up with them...they are WAY faster than me." But then again here goes...so I hopped on Wildcat and off we went. I was a bit slower on the way out but I got there and I did it. Once at the Lake they talked me into getting in the lake...so I waded a bit and then got out and rested to prep for the ride back. We took a different route back with rolling hills...I nailed the hills. I need to work on being quicker at changing the gears when going up and down. It would help with my speed. I really enjoyed myself and I can't wait to do it again. It was a challenge and I stepped up. I worked in aero, I played with gear...I even got my feet wet in the lake...It was a good day.





No comments:
Post a Comment