Friday, July 4, 2008

Firecracker 4 mile


So, I debated all week about doing this race...yes, no, yes, no. Yesterday, I went and signed up - which still didn't mean I was actually going to do the race. The alarm went off this morning and I got out of bed. I really didn't feel like getting up. I made coffee and let Tiger out. I climbed back in bed and looked at the weather. The forecast looked clear, so I decided I might as well go do it. I pulled on my favorite capri pants and my Asics "Keep Running" sleeveless shirt. I put my hair in French Braids and grabbed my race belt and out the door I went. I was able to park in the Middle School parking lot and walked up to the start of the race. I ran into Chris, Moira, Ron, Chris' mom, then Karen and Todd and finally I found Cindy. Whew. We were standing there chatting when all of a sudden we started moving. So much for a fanfare start! The first mile is pretty much down hill. We did it in about 8:44. I was feeling some cramping because my special friend is visiting...but I kept going. We began climbing the hill at Sleepy Hollow. We ran past Diane's house and I yelled out to her...she really should have been out there with me. i told Cindy that at mile 2 I was going to walk a minute. Well at mile 2 I walked for 30 seconds. We were past the swim club and heading to the high school and then started the all up hill portion of the race. Mile 3, I was beginning to feel a bit better...I was starting to pass people. I was feeling pretty good...I was getting quicker people were running 3 across, so passing was difficult. It was pissing me off. Came through the finish at 38 something. Not bad. But then people were cutting through the chute before we got our card. (Not that I placed...but how stupid are these people?)


So, now I am sipping my coffee and am going to go take a shower and relax...HAPPY 4th of JULY. Remember our servicemen and women who are overseas fighting for freedom. Remember we may not like the President or agree with the President but we are ALL AMERICANS asd we need to support AMERICA!

No comments: